Truck Parts: New vs. Used
Replacing failed truck parts is definitely something that every truck owner wishes to never happen, but, unfortunately, it does. When performing truck parts replacements, you will face the tough decision: to buy truck parts in a brand condition or used parts.
Most truck owners would consider that buying new parts provides much more benefits, but that's not the truth. There are many situations in which purchasing used truck parts is the better option. What is your choice? If you haven't decided yet, take your time and take a good read of all the advantages and disadvantages of both options below. This is the only way you can be sure you are making the right decision for your truck.
Buying New Truck Parts Advantages:
- Warranty: One big reason to buy truck parts in new condition is that you are getting a multiple-year warranty. This means that you will not need to pay extra money for this same replacement part as long as the warranty applies. When this replacement part fails during the warranty period, you get a new part without charging.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: With new truck parts, you will need no maintenance for the first thousands of kilometres. Additionally, most suppliers of new truck parts provide a free scheduled maintenance for a certain amount of kilometres or few years.
- Perfect Fit: When buying new truck replacement parts from the company that has manufactured your truck, you can be sure that these parts will be a perfect fit for your truck. Of course, having the replacement parts that perfectly fit in your truck contributes to truck's performance.
Buying Used Truck Parts Advantages:
- Wide Selection: While buying new truck parts limits your options, buying used truck parts provides you a much wider selection of parts, available for immediate delivery. You can find any truck part in a used condition, from engine or transmission to the smallest parts that contribute to your truck's performance.
- Lower Costs: The obvious reason why would you buy truck parts in a used condition is the lower costs. Used parts are always cheaper than new parts. If you are limited on budget but must repair your truck as soon as possible, buy truck parts that have been taken out of a failed truck.